Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading manufacturer of microcontrollers (PIC, AVR, SAM, 8051), memories (EEPROM, EERAM, FLASH, SRAM), analogue ICs, discrete components and „mixed-signal” components. They also offer ICs and modules for wireless data transmission (MiWi, ZigBee, LoRa, SIGFOX, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi).
Microchip, founded in 1989, have their headquarters in Chandler, USA. They offer a wide game of products, which facilitates creation of any application you can think of, all at the minimum design cost and final costs. The company provides various developer tools, and technical support. They keep on broadening their product portfolio, both by extending their own product lines, and by acquiring other companies, such as Silicon Storage Technology (SST), Supertex, Micrel, or Atmel.
The Microchip offer covers a few thousand different microcontrollers, starting with the simplest 8-bit ones, to 32-bit ARM/MIPS32 ones, and finally, to advanced DSP chips.
The chips are available in various packages and for various temperature ranges. They are equipped with many different optional peripherals, including core-independent ones (CIPs), as well as a broad range of communication interfaces (including CAN, Ethernet, USB, and RF).
Microchip supports developers with several evaluation and demo boards, programmers, and debuggers (PICKit, MPLAB), and also the MPLAB X development environment, C/C++ compilers dedicated to specific microcontroller families, and also libraries.
Major families offered:
- 8051 architecture (AT89),
- 8-bit PICs and AVRs (PIC10, PIC12, PIC16, PIC18, tinyAVR, and megaAVR),
- 16-bit PIC24, XMEGA and dsPIC30/dsPIC33 with a DSP core,
- 32-bit PIC32 and AVR UC3 (UC3),
- ARM7, ARM9, Cotex-A, and Cortex-M core equipped microcontrollers.
Microchip offers a broad range of non-volatile serial memories (Serial EEPROM, Serial Flash), non-volatile parallel memories (Parallel Flash), and serial SRAM and NVSRAM memories.
Microchip specializes in manufacture of ADCs, DACs, and digital potentiometers. These are low-consumption devices with resolution of 8, 10, or 12 bits. I2C and SPI version are available, and some are also equipped with a non-volatile memory and/or internal voltage reference.
The linear IC line of Microchip products is dominated with industrial solution, accompanied by ICs for medical, consumer, and automotive uses, such as op-amps, and comparators.
Microchip ICs allow you to use cost-saving solutions while maintaining rich functionality and resistance to interferences occurring in industrial set-ups. You can choose among CAN, Ethernet, LIN, serial transmission, and USB ICs.
This range covers ICs for power management, which allow to efficiently control and save power. These are voltage regulators, battery controllers, PowerMOSFET transistors and drivers, engine and PWM drives (including fan ones), and also proximity and touch sensors (HMI).
Microchip is one of the leaders in the field of wireless data transmission. The company offers Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules, and it also offers LoRa, MiWi, ZigBee, Sigfox, and other solutions.
This manufacturer's products were found in:
- Transistors (115)
Integrated Circuits (7798)
Analog and Mixed Integrated Circuits (1507)
- Digital Potentiometers (86)
- Temperature Transducers (56)
- Operational Amplifiers (336)
- Comparators (25)
- U/I, U/f, U/U Converters (3)
- Drivers - Integrated Circuits (88)
- Motor and PWM Drivers (86)
- LED Drivers (60)
- MOSFET/IGBT Drivers (201)
- Interfaces - Integrated Circuits (288)
- Power switches - integrated circuits (53)
- A/D Converters - Integrated Circuits (133)
- D/A Converters - Integrated Circuits (92)
- Logic Integrated Circuits (49)
- Microcontrollers (4336)
Memories - Integrated Circuits (1088)
- SRAM Memories - Integrated Circuits (24)
- EPROM Memories - Integrated Circuits (36)
- EEPROM Memories - Integrated Circuits (864)
- FLASH Memories - Integrated Circuits (164)
- Peripheral Integrated Circuits (412)
Voltage Regulators - Integrated Circuits (517)
- Linear Regulators - Integrated Circuits (323)
- Switched Regulators - Integrated Circ. (150)
- Reference Voltage Sources - Circuits (12)
- Battery and Battery Cells Controllers (32)
- Integrated Circuits - Others (114)
- Analog and Mixed Integrated Circuits (1507)
- Programmers and Erasers (21)
- Development Kits (443)
- Communication Modules (93)
- Passives (3)